Director of Children & Youth Ministries
Part Time: 20 hrs. per week
Pay Range: $18-22 per hour (commensurate with experience)
Location: Laguna Beach, CA
Job Summary: We are seeking an energetic and enthusiastic spiritual leader to join our staff as the Director of Children and Youth Ministries. This candidate will develop creative programming to engage, challenge, and grow opportunities for children and youth within our progressive Methodist community. The Director of Children and Youth Ministries is responsible for overseeing all aspects of programming for children and youth including program development and execution, leadership, and special events. This candidate would be both experienced in and passionate about meeting the spiritual, emotional and physical needs of children while establishing a relationship with children and their families. A successful candidate will be creative and imaginative when it comes to programming by enlisting community support, managing volunteer efforts and serving as a strategic partner with a vision and desire to grow the children’s and youth programs and expand our community offerings.
· Creates and implements effective and inspirational fellowship and Christian education of children and youth in collaboration with the pastor and other staff.
· Recruits, develops and multiplies leaders within the children and youth ministries.
· Provides effective and transformational care for children, youth, and their families.
· Upholds the theology, teachings and history of the UMC as understood at LBUMC. Supports the vision and the mission of the LBUMC.
Requirements, Roles and Relationships
1. Has appropriate education in areas of children, youth education and spiritual development. A bachelor’s degree in Christian Education or Education would be ideal.
2. Provides coaching and supervision to the leaders in children and youth ministry and oversees Nursery ministry.
3. Provides the Pastor with regular feedback about the overall success and obstacles in producing fruitful outcomes for all children’s and youth ministry objectives.
4. Ensures that Children & Youth Ministry activities and events are effectively shared with the entire church body through the appropriate communication means.
5. Functions in compliance with the Safe Sanctuaries Policy of LBUMC.
6. Recognizes and embraces the evolving nature of this position as part of a renewed and developing ministry.